Grimes Family Difference
As professional real estate and insurance brokers, we’re fortunate to be trusted advisors for people every day, 365 days of the year. Between our insurance and real estate offerings we spend almost every day helping people make important transactions — buying or selling their home, or protecting loved ones and property.
Whether to help you buy or sell your home or to provide valuable insurance coverage, we will be with you every step of the way. If you want something done right and on time, work with us!
Meet John & Alyson
We’re John and Alyson Grimes, the principals of Grimes Realty Company. These are the mission and the values we strive to live by each day:
To honor our past with a commitment to represent our clients with fairness and to deliver full, turn-key brokerage services.
- Hands on, client-focused approach
- Building lasting relationships with clients and the community
A little about us: We’re native North Carolinians, both originally from Eastern North Carolina, and our family roots run deep in the Raleigh area. John’s family was an integral part of the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill and Raleigh business since the 1800’s, while Alyson is a descendant of the Briggs family which established Briggs Hardware Store, now a Raleigh landmark.
We love living in such a diverse and thriving community, steeped in history while also a leader in new technology and development. This area has provided our family with a lovely community to raise our son and it can do the same for you. Let us show you!
John W. Grimes, Jr.
- I earned a B.S. in Communications from Appalachian State University.
- I began my real estate career in 2005 with York Simpson Underwood Realty as a residential Broker in their North Hills office.
- I established a solid reputation for skillfully negotiating contracts for buyers and sellers, delivering peace of mind to my clients.
- In 2010 I opened Grimes Insurance Group, LLC, a full service insurance agency offering: Home, Auto, Life, Business, and Long Term Care insurance.
- With long established roots in NC, Alyson and I felt a passion to re-open Grimes Realty Company in 2013, the company that was originally started by my great-grandfather and his brothers in 1899.
- John holds the following professional designations, Accredited Buyer’s Representative, Seller Representative Specialist, e-PRO, and Certification in Long-Term Care
Alyson Paszek Grimes
- I earned a B.S. in Biostatistics from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.
- I did Graduate studies at Elon University, where I obtained a Doctor of Physical Therapy degree. Upon graduation I began work at Wilson Medical Center as an acute care physical therapist.
- In 2009, I transitioned to working at WakeMed Rehabilitation Hospital specializing in Spinal Cord Injury rehabilitation.
- My family has been involved in commercial real estate for over 30 years, which helped me develop an appreciation of and interest in the industry.
- I have an analytic mind, the ability to multi-task, and strong prioritization, communication and resolution skills, all of which help me to serve my clients well.
Ongoing Professional Commitment
As REALTORS® we adhere to the REALTOR® Code of Ethics which can be found here. At Grimes Realty Company, we’re committed to continued professional development and training, so that we can always provide the best service and representation to all of our clients. We participate in these organizations and hold these designations:
- Member of the Raleigh Regional Association of REALTORS® Small Brokers Council.
- ABR® (Accredited Buyer’s Representative), an official designation of the National Association of REALTORS®, the benchmark of excellence in buyer representation.
- SRS® (Seller Representative Specialist), an official designation of the National Association of REALTORS®. It is the premiere seller agency designation, conferred by the CRB Council, which recognizes real estate professionals who have completed special education and training in seller representation.
- e-PRO® certification through the National Association of REALTORS®, awarded to real estate professionals who demonstrate superior application of real estate computer skills and technology.
We are very active in the Raleigh community and proud to be of service to others. John has served as VP of the Contemporaries Executive Board for the NC Museum of Art, and on the Young Associates Steering Committee for the NC History Museum.
He is an Annual Fund Volunteer for Camp Sea Gull, and is a member of the Kiwanis Club of Raleigh.
We’re proud to support WakeMed NICU, WakeMed Children’s Hospital, NC Museum of History, the NC Food Bank and the NC Spinal Cord Injury Association. When we’re not working or volunteering we love attending sporting events, and spending precious time with family and friends on the Pamlico River, and Emerald Isle, NC. We are also active members of the Holy Trinity Anglican Church.